These conferences are aimed at members who are in their first few years of teaching. Content covered includes:
- processes for achieving accreditation as a Proficient teacher with NESA, including the gathering of appropriate evidence and using lesson observations through the first years of teaching
- advice for teachers already maintaining their accreditation at Proficient.
- planning and programming
- classroom management
- Aboriginal education.
Beginning Teachers Conferences are an excellent way for teachers to build professional networks to support them throughout their careers.
They will be held at a number of locations throughout the year:
- 29 April – Newcastle
- 29 and 30 April – Bundanoon
- 17 and 18 June – Wagga Wagga
- 12 and 13 August – Broken Hill
- 12 and 13 August – Dubbo
- 16 September – Surry Hills